Exterior applications of insecticides may offer some minor relief from infestations where the task of completely sealing the exterior is difficult or impossible.
Because stinkbugs stay so well hidden, and it is nearly impossible to prevent them from entering your home, a thorough inspection is recommended in order to prevent severe infestation. To aid in this inspection, here are a few things you can do to prevent, find, and remove stinkbugs in Maryland & Northern Virginia before they become a problem.
For an exterior inspection:
- Locate points of potential entry into the house like windows, screens, garage doors, plumbing exit points, and window air conditioners.
- Install black light traps; light traps with glue paper in attic spaces where appropriate.
- All advice given is in the form of recommendations.
For an interior inspection:
- Check all entry points that are recommended to be sealed.
- Remove all conditioners from windows as soon as possible, preferably by the end of September.
- A vacuum should be used for all bug collection.
- Use soapy water as a medium for disposal.
- If you have a Stinkbug problem - complete our free estimate form or call us at 410-376-5312 today!